|NSPM in English|
|субота, 28. јун 2008.|
Free and responsible citizens of the Republic of Serbia,
Delegates in 26 Municipal Assemblies in the Autonomous Province of Kosovo and Metohija, which is an inalienable part of one and indivisible Republic of Serbia,
Elected on May 11, 2008 by our equally free and equal compatriots through free, fair and legal elections,
Delegated to the Assembly of the Community of Municipalities of the Autonomous Province of Kosovo and Metohija, by the Municipal Assemblies, members of the Community,
Realising an immediate and vital need to protect our lives, rights, freedom, civic dignity, identity, integrity, culture and property,
Respecting the Constitution and laws of the Republic of Serbia and rejecting all illegal secessionist acts,
Recalling the United Nations Charter, the Helsinki Final Act and the UNSC Resolution 1244 (1999),
Rejecting the proclamation of secession of our Autonomous Province from our Republic as illegal, null and void,
Resisting any injustice, autocracy and violence,
By our own free will gathered here in Kosovska Mitrovica on Vidovdan, 28 June 2008, to establish the Assembly of the Community of Municipalities of the Autonomous Province of Kosovo and Metohija, in accordance with Article 12 of the Constitution of the Republic of Serbia and Articles 88 and 89 of the Law on Local Self-Government, which hereby inherits the Community of Serbian Municipalities and Settlements of Kosovo and Metohija, and to proclaim
DECLARATION ON ESTABLISHING THE ASSEMBLY OF THE COMMUNITY OF MUNICIPALITIES OF THE AUTONOMOUS PROVINCE OF KOSOVO AND METOHIJA
• The Assembly of the Community of Municipalities of the Autonomous Province of Kosovo and Metohija (hereinafter : Community Assembly) shall be a representative body of the citizens of the Republic of Serbia in the Autonomous Province of Kosovo and Metohija.
• The work of the Community Assembly is public .
• The Community Assembly directs and co-ordinates the activities of Member-Municipalities of the Community.
• Community Assembly adopts declarations, resolutions, and proposals and takes positions in regard to the state authorities of the Republic operating in the Autonomous Province , and which are obliged to submit it their regular and extraordinary reports.
• Community Assembly is entitled to propose the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia the legislation of importance to the citizens of the Autonomous Province.
Composition and Bodies of the Community Assembly
• The Community Assembly is composed of 45 Delegates, elected among the delegates of the Municipal Assemblies of Member-Municipalities.
• Mandates of the Community Assembly Delegates lasts until a new Delegate is elected, following the constitution of new Municipal Assemblies of Member-Municipalities.
• Each Member-Municipality has at least one Delegate in the Community Assembly.
• The Community Assembly has President, Vice-Presidents, Secretariat and may set up Committees.
Sessions and Rules of Procedure of the Community Assembly
• The Community Assembly gathers in two regular annual sessions and extraordinary sessions when needed.
• The Community Assembly adopt its Rules of Procedure outlining the rules and methods of work in more detail.
In Kosovska Mitrovica,
28 June 2008